Tuesday, March 13, 2012

FLORAL… FOR SPRING? GROUNDBREAKING.






Can you say, "HELLO SPRING!" I think it's safe to say that mother nature is having an extended hot flash in the most unexpected month, I mean it's still only march and the weather has been beautiful this week! Let's hope this lasts into the months of summer, fingers crossed. Considering the infamous title of my style diary, Messy Bun I figured it was about darn time you all get a taste of what I mean when I say people refer to me on most instances as the girl with the massive bun, some have even referred to it as the nucleus of the membrane and then proceed to squeeze it on most days. Yeah, I know… I hang around questionable folks. There you have it folks, I set it free, the bun, the central controls of who I am: bubbly, hard to contain, and just a plain ol' (hot) mess on most occurrences, I mean could you really want anything more? 

The inspiration behind this quite simple ensemble came from the witty Meryl Streep from one of my favorite movies, The Devil Wears Prada, as she so perfectly reaffirms "florals… for spring? Groundbreaking." Genius, pure genius. Best line, hands down. I figured, what the heck, let's go with the season, throw on some neon floral print, and prove Miranda Priestly right. Personally, I think the expected is the perfect secret weapon for creating a gateway to the unexpected. 

I was feeling very quirky, fun, and giddy as I got dressed and overall wanted to frolic around in the sun in a skirt made for twirling and boots made for walking. A little country meets urban pop! Cause there is always room for big hair and crooked sunnies. Can I get an Amen up in here?!

TEE- FOREVER 21
ASYMMETRICAL SKIRT- URBAN OUTFITTERS
LEATHER BOOTS- KOHLS 
SUNNIES- FOREVER 21

xoxo, Alexandra Victoria

1 comment: