Monday, February 20, 2012

YELLOW, THERE MY FRIEND...


It's nice to meet you, my name is Alexandra and I am a seventeen year-old student currently inhabiting a place commonly referred to as the Mixing Bowl, located just outside Washington, DC. It's far enough away from the city to be labeled; Suburbia. I have passions for many things in my life; my family, close friends, music, traveling the world, and the occasional (but not so rarely) hot dog or piece of general tso's chicken. However, the one thing that keeps me sane (and reassuringly insane) is fashion, and all its branches and leaves. I dream of making my love for this beacon of light and life into a career in the very near future, and am currently wishing, praying, and chanting to multiple Gods for my acceptance letter to the Fashion Institute of Technology in the next couple months. 

I decided to start this blog, "MESSY BUN," as a way for me to keep track of my avant-garde outfit combinations and to create a way for others to hopefully gain inspiration from the clothing and shoes that inhabit the mineshaft I call a closet, but most entirely my bedroom floor. Just a note, don't be alarmed If I throw in some adventitious posts from time to time, including, but not limited to some diy love, song/album obsessions, or just sparse random somethings that won't leave my mind.  

I am most well known among those around me by my thick, unruly, and most days curl-licious mane of hair that often sheds and on not-so-rare occurrences tends slaps those in at least a ten foot proximity across the face. A trademark of mine has been my legendary messy bun that I use to work on a day to day basis until I found my dream hair moisturizer that tames the beast (Thank you, Lush R&B). "The Bun" as those around me closely refer to me as, is who I am, it embodies my personality and how I aspire to live my life: big, crazy, and well, a little MESSY. <3

Now, alongside a certain constant craving for studs, scalloped hemlines, neon, and Doc Martens, I also fancy the not-so-occasional leopard print, well anything, really. Now before you decide to judge, I am not a crazy cat lady yet, I just love me some furocious statement pieces. I have many interests and aspirations including, but not limited to: moving to New York City, learning to long board, break into the Fashion Industry, fall in love, and meet Mark Hoppus (of blink-182, if you don't know him… shame on you), alongside many others. I live life for the simple reason to laugh, be happy, and experience new things every single day.  
There you have it folks, a somewhat short yet informative piece of introduction of what you may be getting yourself into if you just so happen to like what you see thus far.  There will be much, much more to come. Stay tuned. 

xoxo, Alexandra Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment