Tuesday, February 21, 2012

G.I. JANE MEETS GYPSY-DEAN



A little personalization…
Just look past my chipped finger nails… tehehe.
Studs are a girl's best friend.
I have quite a lot of hair…


JACKET- VINTAGE US AIR FORCE OF MY FATHER
DRESS- FOREVER 21
SCARF- THRIFTED
STUDDED FLATS- DOLCE VITA
RINGS & BRACELETS: COMBINATION OF MY DIYS & MOTHER'S JEWELRY BOX

This look was inspired as I was looking through old pictures of my daddy and I came across one of him wearing this exact jacket in as he was alongside one of his airplanes preparing for Vietnam. I wanted to incorporate a classic military-chic piece with my modern obsession with glitter and metallic, alongside some studded flats. I have received multiple comments today of the origin of the Air Force jacket hanging in all the wrong (but oh so right) places, as it is about three sizes too big. These questions almost entirely consisted of, where'd she get that? Well, today felt special because I know this piece is one of a kind, embodying the heroism and strength of the man I love more than anyone each day. This piece is a statement of my personal love for Army Green and the spirit of the past, a connection to my father. What could be better on a not-so-typical monday morning? 

xoxo, Alexandra Victoria 

No comments:

Post a Comment