Thursday, February 23, 2012

GLITTER & CORDUROY.




Excuse my incapability to open my eyelids any wider, it was quite sunny out. :)


Oh, Sky... Quit making me laugh. Shame on you, clouds, shame on you. 


These photos were taken of one of my best friends, Luke Hartman, and myself for our school yearbook. We got voted "Best Dressed" for our Senior Class, pretty cool right? I was actually really excited to take these photos cause I mean it's not every day we get to pose like cheese balls, while having to "stare deeply into each other's eyes" Teehee. Yes, that picture does not and will not appear on here, but it did made me giggle. This guy above is one of my biggest cheerleaders and voices in my ear of encouragement and assurance whenever it comes to putting outfits together. We have very different tastes most days but we have learned to just accept what ever crazy thing the other comes across. I love him for that, and I'm glad I got to post about him so early in my blog's adolescence because he is undeniably amazing. Watch out for him in the near future as he is an aspiring fashion journalist and will sure in the very near future be an renowned editor. Look out world, Luke and I are comin' for you! 

This outfit was inspired by an urge of an equestrian meets glitterini-bohemian kind-of feeling. I knew some of these pictures I would be showing my kids in the (not so near) future as we flipped through my high school days, and so I knew I had to embody the core of what I believe my personal style truly is: an airy, free feeling mixed with a few edgier pieces, and finally a dash of avant-garde beauty. By that last ingredient I mean the ultra-fabulous glitter flatforms that I cam across for a cheap steal! Not only are they super comfortable but they give me an extra four-inches, I mean what's better than that? 

LACE TOP- FREE PEOPLE
DENIM VEST- FOREVER 21
RIDING PANTS- H&M
GLITTER FLATFORMS- FOREVER 21

All photos taken by the incredibly talented photographer, Erin Williams. 

xoxo, Alexandra Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment